RSS for A COMPARISON OF TRADITIONAL, ONLINE AND HYBRID METHODS OF COURSE DELIVERY

Monday, October 17, 2011

RJA #8c: Field Research Plan

Field research plans
  I have two options for my field research, I would like to either do an interview of a teacher who currently teaches an online course and has taken online courses in their recent educational experience or do an electronic survey of students currently enrolled in online classes. I think the easiest way would be to send out an email to fellow online students saying what the survey is about and asking them to participate.
  If I do an online survey I will use most of the questions I used in the online survey that I created for class, this is the link. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHhRZzJFY1Q0NGxLMDhHSHhMMjhpSXc6MQ
I would modify and add some questions such as being able to list the pros and cons of online education. I am in several online classes so finding people to do the survey shouldn’t be a problem.
  If I interview a teacher for my field study I would like it to be someone who’s been on both sides of the online education system, having both taught and taken online classes. I know several of my teachers who are willing to do a short interview about online education. Some of the questions I already posted in the interview discussion such as;
1) Do you feel the online courses you teach provide the same educational value as traditional in room classes?
2) When you took online courses did you feel you received the same education you would have if you were in a face to face classroom situation?
3) What are some of the pitfalls and changes that need to be made in online education?
4) Do you think that employers, including schools and universities, look at online degrees the same way that they do a traditional degree?
5) Do you think that online education will make traditional schools go the way of the dinosaur or is this just a technological fad?
6) Is online education just the beginning of a larger change in higher education for the masses?
7) Do you think that online homeschooling for K-12 provides enough education and enough socialization for our future college students?

No comments:

Post a Comment